Safe Environment Training
The Safe Environment program consists of several parts:
- Policy Development. Specific policies covering relationships, communications, and the obligations of archdiocesan clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Victim Assistance Coordination. Ensures that victims of abuse receive thorough and caring assistance in a safe environment where they can feel comfortable.
- Training and Certification. For archdiocesan clergy, employees and volunteers.
- A Review Board. To assist the Archbishop in his responsibilities for the protection of youth.
- Circle of Grace Education Programs. The Circle of Grace education concept teaches young people that God gives us all our own Circle of Grace. Developed by the Archdiocese of Omaha, this program has been adopted by over 68 dioceses and is used in hundreds of schools nationwide.
The Diocese requires the Safe Environment Training for everyone working with our youth. If you are renewing your certification, use the following steps:
Go to www.archomaha.org and click on the safe environment tab. You will choose “Recertification” and that will link you to the CMG site. You will log in to your account. Do not create a new account. If you need to know your username, contact Tami Bracht @ firstname.lastname@example.org and she can look it up for you. If you also need your password, she can reset it for you also. You will login and can update any information before you begin watching the videos. Watch all of the videos and be sure to check the final box to start the background check so your renewal will be complete. It will error if you don’t check this box. It will take a few additional days for the background check to run before your certification is renewed.
If you are taking the training for the first time and you are looking for a class to choose to take the training, please go to www.archomaha.org and click on the safe environment tab. You will choose “Initial Live Training” and that will link you to the CMG site. You will create an account. You will need to answer some questions under “start curriculum” to be able to start a background check and then see the available classes where you can register for the class of your choice.
A helpful tip to avoid problems is to use a computer or an iPad. A cell phone has a different view and doesn’t always work. If you have other problems, please contact Tami Bracht @ 402 380-1842 or email Tami @ email@example.com